[Avodah] pure olive all

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:40:09 PST 2011

<< To tell the truth, I don't use olive oil; I use regular canola oil, which
works just as well at a fraction of the price... >>

Rav Elyashiv says that the closer it is to the oil uses in the Bet
Hamikdash the better.
I havent quite understood that. For the chanukiyah we are not allowed to
use something too close to the menorah of the bet hamikdash.
Why should it make a difference whether the oil is eatable?
I spoke with our local mashgiach and he claims that all the pre-loaded
glasses of olive oil come with a lower grade of olive oil.
He also mentioned that in the past they have had problems with bugs in
olive oil for food.

--
Eli Turkel