[Avodah] Kiddush Levanah, nusach EY

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Nov 4 05:03:37 PDT 2011

We are told that when Romans tried suppressing Qiddush haChodesh, they
gave messengers a code phrase to say rather than risking being
overheard.

In the Bavli, we are told it was "David melekh Yisrael chai veqayam."
In the Y-mi, (RH 3:1 16a) it's "Goaleinu", which according to the
Penei Moshe refers to "Goaleinu H' Tzevakos shemo." The PM adds that
this phrase adds fear of sheim H' lashav and reduces the chance of
lying.

So I'm wondering... Did Nusach EY have a concept of Qiddush Levana?
And if so, did it include saying "Goaleinu" (the word or the pasuq)
three times?

>From the "helix" leading into the Lincoln Tunnel,
Good Shabbos!

--
Sent from my mobile device

Shetir'u Batov!

Micha Berger             You cannot propel yourself forward
micha at aishdas.org        by patting yourself on the back.
http://www.aishdas.org                   -Anonymous
Fax: (270) 514-1507