[Avodah] second day yom tov

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:48:04 PDT 2011

<<Once again, we do *not* keep YTSh because it is minhag avoteinu.  We
keep it because the Sanhedrin told us "hachaziku minhag avoteichem
biydeichem".  So your question doesn't start.  The same chachamim who
told us to treat chicken as fleishig told us to continue our old
practices regarding YT.  Whatever it was we did when there was a real
safek, we should keep doing that. >>

This the poisition of the chacham tzvi that travelers betwwen Y and chutz
la-aretz do what they would do in the old days. Hower, the SA doesnt pasken
that way and says that some from chutz who comes to EY for a visit keeps two
days even though in the days of the bet hamikdash he would have kept 1 day

--
Eli Turkel