[Avodah] Tekiah Gedolah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Oct 4 11:59:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 05:34:34PM +0000, shalomyitz at comcast.net wrote to
Areivim:
: Our makri used the Koren Machzor, and we caught another error. I
: forget exactly where (I think at the end of Shofarim in mussaf), but
: the Koren had the last blast as Tekiyah, rather than T. Gedolah. The
: tokea caught it, and had him correct his call.

I'm not sure that's an error as much as a difference in minhag. Our
maqri intentionally only called a teqi'ah gedolah at the very end.

Also, I don't think there actually is such a thing as a teqi'ah gedolah
on a halachic level. I think it's pure minhag, and really just another
teqi'ah.

GCT!

Micha Berger             It is a glorious thing to be indifferent to
micha at aishdas.org        suffering, but only to one's own suffering.
http://www.aishdas.org                 -Robert Lynd, writer (1879-1949)
Fax: (270) 514-1507