[Avodah] Evolution, Hashgachah and Tehillah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Oct 3 16:02:45 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 08:27:24AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: And the meta question (similar to one that really fascinates me -
: how do 2 rabbis, knowing the entire corpus of torah, come to different
: conclusions) is what drives different people to answer this question
: so differently?

The Maharal's position WRT machloqes in halakhah, which I've championed
here before, works for this question too.

Maaseh bereishis is simply beyond human ken. What we do is capture aspects
of a Truth to grand and complex to fit within this world. It's not that one
is wrong and one is right. Each are true, in their own way, modeling something
that we can't understand well enough to understand how the contradiction
is only apparent.

WRT halakhah, the Maharal continues this beyond thought and into deed, but
that's not necessary here.

GCT!

Micha Berger             I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them,
micha at aishdas.org        I have found myself, my work, and my God.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Helen Keller
Fax: (270) 514-1507