[Avodah] who is going to Gehenim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 23 13:10:11 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:49:21AM +0200, Danny Schoemann wrote:
: I had an interesting thought. Japan had made their country "earthquake
: proof" and AFAIK nobody got killed because of the quake - almost the
: biggest ever recorded.
: Sort of "Tower of Babel" like; you think you can outsmart the RBSO, do you?
: That could be a lesson we can "take home"

Only if you could somehow show this was the Japanese mindset, and that
the people taking that lesson were well aware of that fact. Otherwise,
I don't think we can simply dismiss the importance of hishtadlus.