[Avodah] Sobering Thoughts for Purim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 23 13:07:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 06:14:21PM +0200, Eliyahu Grossman wrote:
: But most people don't finish the sentence "until you don't know the
: difference between...", and the reality is that there is no difference! ...

... between "arur Haman and barukh Mordochai".

I think there is. See the signature quote in this email (below).

"Arur Haman" is chasing the darkness,
"Barukh Mordochai" is lighting a candle.

(Yes, I mean "Mordochai", with a chataf-qamatz under the dalet, transliterated
with an "o" because the chataf-qamatz appears to be related more to the
qamatz qatan.)

Micha Berger             When you come to a place of darkness,
micha at aishdas.org        you don't chase out the darkness with a broom.
http://www.aishdas.org   You light a candle.
Fax: (270) 514-1507        - R' Yekusiel Halberstam of Klausenberg zt"l