[Avodah] Soft Matza in the MB ShA HaRav and the A HaShulchan, Siman 486

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 21 08:27:23 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:21:45PM +0200, Akiva Blum wrote:
: I would just like to point out that the MB does say that our minhag is to
: use thin matzos. 451:111

I don't see it there.

I'm looking in particular to see if the MB says there is a minhag, or just
that's the metzi'us. (As per my previous post.) But in any case, I see no
mention of matzos thin enough to have to be crackers at all in 451:111,
just the implication that it's something thin enough to worry about folds.
(Something true for 2" thick matzah as well!)

Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,
http://www.aishdas.org   and it flies away.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            - Rav Yisrael Salanter