[Avodah] Kavod haMeis

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Mon Mar 14 15:18:44 PDT 2011

On 14/3/2011 11:14 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Is it a bizayon hemeis issue to publish gruesome photos of murder
> victims? Can the family decide the niftarim would have prefered to have
> their images used for the cause, and we could assume they would not
> consider it a bizayon?

> I'm asking hypothetically, as I presume any problem would be huterah or
> dechuyah if the pros determined that the pictures' circulation had some
> chance of saving lives...

in shulchan aruch it talks about a Jew being murdered and says that when
this happens the jew should be buried in his clothes and not tachrichim
so all can see and get angry about what happened.

I dont remember the siman/se'if in Yoreh dei'ah offhand, but I will find
it tomorrow.

[YD 164:4 -micha]

That halacha seems to indicate that it is imperative that the images
SHOULD be displayed in such a murder.

kol tuv
Rafi Goldmeier

--