[Avodah] Moshe Rabeinu and his family

Eliyahu Grossman Eliyahu at KosherJudaism.com
Wed Mar 9 12:24:04 PST 2011

I had responded because of the answer that was given:

	" He grew up in his parents' house for two years; by the time he
went back to Bat Par`o he was old enough to have started forming memories,
and would remember them."

Nowhere does it say that in the text, and I stand by that.

Midrash Berasthi Rabbah 1:26, however, says that he was weaned for 2 years,
not Sepher Shemot.

Nor does the text say that he grew up in his parent's house (although,
granted, the vague language of the text can permit one to read it that way
if one wishes). That very same Midrash also has a nuance in the language to
indicate that she did not rear the child, but simply weaned him, being
available when needed, which permits one to read the location differently.

Anyhow, I was simply explaining the problem with mixing text and Midrash
without indicating it, and it can confuse someone who isn't aware of the
mixture. That was all. I hope this clarifies my point. Thanks.

Eliyahu Grossman
Efrat, Israel