[Avodah] Must A Women Subject Herself To A Caesarean Delivery?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Feb 8 14:43:38 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 05:17:09PM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
> 1. The pikuach nefesh of one person can't be used to force another
> person to put himself in even a little bit of danger.
Etc...

My point wasn't the conclusion, it's that the question wasn't even raised
in order to get answered.

You raise valid answers, and I presume a teshuvah would likely provide
them. But here the question isn't asked, which to me suggests the
possibility it doesn't exist. There are sevaros behind the issur of
abortion other than retzichah. If knows what RSZA and RYSE mention in
their discussions of abortion, we could resolve if that's why the topic
is absent here.

Micha Berger             Friendship is like stone. A stone has no value,
micha at aishdas.org        but by rubbing one stone against another,
http://www.aishdas.org   sparks of fire emerge.
Fax: (270) 514-1507      	    - Rav Mordechai of Lechovitz