[Avodah] God of Love, vs. Just God

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Thu Feb 3 17:39:25 PST 2011

On 2/3/2011 7:08 PM, Moshe Y. Gluck wrote:
> I disagree; the classification of something as mercy or justice is
> objective.
See MN 1:2.  This is a recurring theme in Sefer Meor Einayim, see, for
example, Breishis s.v. "al kein ne'emar" and the following paragraph as
well, Parshas Lech L'cha s.v.  "v'hinei k'mo shehu b'tovas haborei" and
the following paragraph (especially "ki be'emes hakol hu tovah, afilu
hara hahu"), Sefer Yismah Lev at the beginning of Masseches Pesahim.

<<It is not, usually, so - it might be
> more accurately described as something that happened that is really _bad_
> but that had a good result coming as a result of it, anyway.

See Derech HaShem 2:8:1 "hamishpat v'hadin atzmo mim'kor ha'ahavah hu
novea".

David Riceman