[Avodah] IDF Conversions

Daniel Israel dmi1 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 31 21:46:24 PST 2011

FWIW, I heard in the name of R' Dovid Feinstein that in the case of someone with a Jewish father one should not recruit them, but not discourage them as one would normally do with a potential convert.  I cannot say what his source is, and I make no suggestion as to how he holds on the controversy under discussion.

I have also observed that this seems to be the approach of at least one widely respected American BD.

--
Daniel M. Israel
dmi1 at cornell.edu