[Avodah] organ donations and techiyat hametim

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Tue Jan 25 07:02:37 PST 2011

On 25/1/2011 10:57 AM, Eli Turkel wrote:
>> Trust me, if Hashem can revive the dead, he can supply those who donated an
>> organ with a spare in the World to Come.

> This point is made strongly when discussing those who perished in the
> concentration camps and only ashes remained.

> R Chaninah Ben Tradyon is immediately received into
> Olam HaBah despite being burnt. Can't imagine that doesnt also include
> techiyat hametim.

there is a difference between "can" and "will". Perhaps someone kille
din the holocaust will be ok by techiyas hameisim because he was killed
and did not do it to himself, whereas someone who donates an organ, who
did it to himself, will not get his organ back.

Just a thought.

Kol tuv
Rafi Goldmeier