[Avodah] Interesting Aspects of Tu B'Shvat

Rich Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Jan 23 08:04:20 PST 2011

In regard to my posting:

I stand corrected and appreciate ZS's correction: "*Beis* Shammai and *Beis* Hillel.  This is not one of the three known
disputes between Hillel and Shammai."

I am aware that the three known disputes between H. & S. are niddah, chalah and mikveh (Mishna Eduyot 1:1-3)

For those who may have not understood what I meant, I should have said BEIS Shammai and BEIS Hillel. What this correction brings to mind is Psalm 8:5.
Ma enosh ke siz'k'renu uven adam..., etc.  Somewhere I recall seeing a commentary that though e-nosh denotes man as mortal and frail (and probably is
etymologically derived from Enosh, Adam's grandson, nevertheless, the word MAN technically refers only to Adam Harishon since he was the FIRST MAN,
per se and we are all the Children (or Sons) of man. [As we are either ploni BEN ploni or BAS ploni].

rich wolberg
(son of man)