[Avodah] paskening mashiach

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Thu Jan 20 17:17:31 PST 2011

R' Saul Newman posted a link to a blog which said...
> that a certain document was buried along with Rav Mordechai
> Eliyahu ZT"L. This document was the proof and Pesak Din,
> according to the Rav and a number of other Kabbalists, that
> we deserve to be redeemed now. This Pesak Din was made many
> years earlier than the Rav's passing. The document was buried
> together with him in order for him to use this verdict and
> present it before the Heavenly Court to persuade HKB"H to
> redeem us now.

I have so many questions on this that I don't know where to start. But here's two anyway:

(1) If this Pesak Din was made so many years ago, was Hashem unaware of it for all this time, that the Rav zt"l needs to present it personally? (How's he going to take it along, anyway?)

(2) Rabbanim much greater than Rav Eliyahu zt"l have paskened against Hashem on other issues and got nowhere; why does he think this will be different? (Example: IIRC, Beis Hillel and Beis Shammai paskened that we'd be better off not having been created.)

Akiva Miller