[Avodah] Fwd: b'Ito u'b'Zmano

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jan 11 11:50:55 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:22:51AM -0800, Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org wrote:
:> An eis is a time that comes according to a prescheduled appointment,
:> ready or not. It is a point in a shanah, in cyclic time that runs its
:> celestial heartbeat regardless of human action

: this  fits with  'b'ito achishena'...

Or not. One could say, "zakhu" if we manage to bring the process to
its culmination, then mashiach would come at that eis, and "lo zakhu",
HQBH will send him at the zeman.

:                                         but  would not then   'eis
: laasos lashem'  imply that  certain down spiralling  of jewish behavior is
:  pre-ordained,  as to yield the required  'hefeiru  sorasecha' ? or  would
:  you read it  backwards  that  'hefeiru behaviour'   preordains 'eis
: laasos' ?

Also, Rashi on Mishlei 3:1 implies the reverse. "Lakol zeman: The one
who gathers them from hevel should not rejoice that he has it now in
his posession. The tzadiqim will yet inherit it, but the zeman didn't
come yet. For everything has a zeman qavua' when it should be."

In any case, unless one of the chevrah knows the maqor, we're relying
on a memory already proven faulty.

Micha Berger             The fittingness of your matzos [for the seder]
micha at aishdas.org        isn't complete with being careful in the laws
http://www.aishdas.org   of Passover. One must also be very careful in
Fax: (270) 514-1507      the laws of business.    - Rav Yisrael Salanter