[Avodah] worst aveirah

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Tue Jan 11 08:49:54 PST 2011

RZS:
> >  Also, it's obvious that kibbush ha'aretz overrides PKN; otherwise it
> >  would be impossible.  The reason it's not listed among "the three" is
> >  simple: it's an asei, not a lo sa'aseh, so the language "yehareg ve'al
> >  ya`avor" is simply inapplicable.
RMB:

<<That's a logical guess. But just a guess.>>

See Minhath Hinuch #425 (harigas 7 amm'min) s.v. "v'kasav harav" (the very final comment).  The Mchon Yerushalayim edition, footnote 2, points to Hiddushei HaGriz al haTorah, Parshas B'Shalah (fortuitously).  I don't have a copy of that book, but if anyone would care to summarize the relevant passage I'd appreciate it.

David Riceman