[Avodah] Are there any chemists on Avodah?

Shoshana L. Boublil toramada at bezeqint.net
Sun Jan 9 22:32:59 PST 2011

First,

You may want to watch on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuFovhr4UQM

It's from Machon HaMikdash and towards the end it has a few moments showing
how they built the Mitzbe'ach including using pitch.

Second,

The reason I spoke of mud (in a previous post) is b/c we are talking about
Mitzbach Adama.

I find it interesting that despite the fact that at least in Egypt and
certainly historically elsewhere, building with bricks and mud (and stone)
was well known, when discussing "Mizbach Adama", none of the mefarshim
consider that it was literally built from soil.

It is even more interesting b/c the various resources I read all state that
the reason for Mitzbach Adama is to remind mankind that they were made from
Earth (etc.).

Shoshana L. Boublil