[Avodah] Soft Matza in the MB ShA HaRav and the A HaShulchan, Siman 486

Meir Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:20:48 PDT 2011

R Micha commented that he "had a hard time believing that the MB and the AhS
assume soft matzos"
I dont know what you mean R Micha. Do you mean that you are not sure that
what they say refers to soft Matza?

I also don't understand R  Mich'a comment, "The SA haRav (SAhR) I found
more plausible, since matzos in his day were probably still too thick be lack
squeezability and still be chewable -- and he does mention "afilu hi rakah
va'asuyah kisfug" (se'if 2)."
They all use the words, "afilu hi rakah va'asuyah kisfug"

Reb Micha's comment, "The MB is at s"q 3, and the Ahs is se'if 2. Both
mention sefugim, even though I can't believe Ashkenazim were still using
spongy matzah in their day."
I was not suggesting that they used soft Matza, neither was I suggesting
that they were NOT using soft Matza.
I simply wished to point out that theses Acharonim had no hesitation in
mentioning Soft Matza at all. They did not see any reason to consider that
Soft Matza should NOT be used.