[Avodah] God of Love

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 09:11:40 PST 2011

<<The classification of an event as mercy or justice is not an objective
one, but a subjective one.  As you correctly note, it can change depending
on how wide your perspective is.  My experience is that wider perspective
makes events seem more like mercy.  As evidence I cite the above ma'amar
Hazal; distress narrows a person's horizons, making him less able to take
the wider perspective which may make him realize that something was really
good, and thus less able to accept nehamah.>>

The Holocaust was subjectively just that no amount of sophistry can change
it into something
of mercy when millions of little children are murdered

--
Eli Turkel