[Avodah] Taking A Hat Into A Bathroom

Prof. Levine Larry.Levine at stevens.edu
Sun Jan 23 09:42:25 PST 2011

Please see http://tinyurl.com/6zqfn8g

The final paragraphs there read

"My general impression is that the common practice is to treat
bathrooms stringently and not to recite blessings or bring holy items
inside one. Therefore, you should avoid bringing into a bathroom your
hat and/or jacket that are designated for prayer. You should instead
place them on a chair or other object outside the bathroom, or double
back and pick them up before prayer. If all that is impossible, there
is probably some room for leniency.

By wearing specific garments for prayer you are elevating them into
tools for religious worship. It is your task to treat your tools with
the care and respect they deserve."

YL