[Avodah] R Chiya Raba

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:18:45 PST 2011

<<I don't think it has to, because the CI isn't claiming the 2000 years
is precisely from 2000 AM to 4000 AM.>>

Now I am totally lost. If we are not talking about exact years then
what difference does it make when Rav or R Chiya made a statement.
If we are talking about before or after the Mishna then presumably the
tosefta of R. Chiya (and R Hoshia) was compiled after the Mishna and is
still tanaitic.
Besides why are we only worried about Rav and R Chiya and not all the
contemporaries
of Rebbe.
Perhaps R Y Yishmael the son of R Yose is an Amora if he mentioned his
opinion
after the mishna was compiled. Going firther it would imply
that any statements of rebbe himself after the Mishna are amoraic
statements.
Again the mishna in avot quotes rebbe's son. Is that tannaitic or amoritic?

--
Eli Turkel