[Avodah] Mar'eh Meqomos for Geneivas Da'as / MiDevar Sheker Tirchak

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jan 4 14:35:21 PST 2011

Apropos to our Areivim conversation, I copied a list of mar'eh meqomos
that the mods rejected as belonging here. For a period of time I
participated in a chaburah on mitzvos bein adam lachaveiro through the
aegis of mar'eh meoqomos provided by a "Linas haTzedeq -- Center for
Jewish Values" (HaMerkaz leLimud haHalakhos sheBALC).

Well, after bothering, I found they put the booklet we used up on
line! So, see <http://www.jewishvalues.us/uploads/104_Genevas_Daas.PDF>
for a list of sources about the limits of geneivas hada'as. They have
the sources copied into the booklet as well, along with comments
connecting the dots. My chavrusah and I found it valuable to fit the
sources ourselves, as we didn't always agree with the interpretation given
in the booklet -- and context helps.

For that matter, http://www.jewishvalues.us/Sugyos.html has dozens such
prefab chaburos. Worth a look!

Micha Berger             A cheerful disposition is an inestimable treasure.
micha at aishdas.org        It preserves health, promotes convalescence,
http://www.aishdas.org   and helps us cope with adversity.
Fax: (270) 514-1507         - R' SR Hirsch, "From the Wisdom of Mishlei"