[Avodah] Tiqun Olam

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:15:54 PDT 2009

Michael:
> - he brings
> Shemot Rabbah, Akedat Yitzhak, and Abarbanel (the latter two relying
> on Deut 4:9) as saying that gentiles are not prohibited from AZ -
> totally exempt l'gamre! Additionally, he notes that Rashbam and R'
> Hertz both interpret Deut. 4:9 in this same way. So how do we fit this
> with the halakhot of AZ? Tzarikh iyun.

Years ago I came up with a Hiluq

It is OK for an eino-yehudi to wroship "tzva hashamayim" beshittuf with HKBH
And
It is NOT OK for an eino-yehudi to worship "mAaseh y'dei adam". Such as
pessel, maseichah etc.

This may not be halachic, it is culled right out of Devarim 4 especially
v. 19 "... asher halaq lahem..."

Tzva Hashamayim is at least tolerable - shemesh yarei'ach, mazalos as
extensions of HKBH own Creations

OTOH Pessel and Tavnis that are man-made are totally intolerable - hence
Avraham Avinu's need to shatter his father's idols even for Non-Jews.

Tangentially
The issue of J of Nazareth is mamash on the border. As a spritiual
being - such as a mal'ach - that shittuf would be OK. As a human born
to a mother it is davka NOT OK.

So if Xtians worship the neshamah of J then maybe THAT shittuf is somewhat
Kosher. If they worship the human son of Mary who walked around then it
is Nisht Kosher

GT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile