[Avodah] Machnisei Rachamim

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:31:44 PDT 2009

Akiva Miller:
> 2 - Beside Shalom Aleichem and Machnisei Rachamim, another data point to
> consider is the "V'imru Amen" (at the end of Oseh Shalom during Birkas
> Hamazon and Shmoneh Esray) which we say even when we are alone. To whom
> is this directed? RSZA refers to Magen Avraham on Orach Chaim 66:7,
> that it is directed to the mal'achim "hashomrim oso".

According to Baer's Avodas Yisroel
"V'imru Amen" does not belong at end of Amidah. Ayein at end of amidah
of Shacharis

Similarly, Rambam has merely "amen" as a siyyum - no "V'imru"

See Ben Ish Chai
Nitzavim I:2

"Al yassim magamaso negged hameisim ela yispallel l'Hashem [sic]
Vyachol lehistatei'ach al qever hatzaddiq v'yomar: hareini mevakkesh
minnefesh hatzaddiq haqqavur Poe Sheyitpallel Alay lifnei HKBH kach
v'kach..."

Ayein sham

Shana Tova
RRW