[Avodah] Machnisei Rachamim

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Sep 17 05:50:41 PDT 2009

Actually, this bring to mind a halacha that I heard that one davening in private shouldn't say any parts of the davening that are in Aramaic because when you daven b'yichidut you are relying on angels to take up your tefilla.  And angels don't understand Aramaic!  But when davening in a minyan, the shechina is there directly.  If this is an authentic halacha, it seems to contradict the view that we shouldn't be (and can't be) davening to angels in the first place!  So I ask, is this an actual halacha?  And if so, how do we reconcile with the angel issue?

Michael Mirsky
Thornhill, Ontario

Try these on for size

http://download.bcbm.org/Media/RavWeiss/Sefer%20Devorim/Nitzavim/Rav%20Weiss%20Nitzovim%205769%20Selichos.mp3
Rabbi  A Weiss - Selichos

http://www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/737299/Rabbi_Shlomo_Brody/Angels_are_Not_Necessary:__Shame,_Selichot,_and_Standing_Directly_Before_God
Rabbi Shlomo Brody - Angels are Not Necessary: Shame, Selichot, and Standing Directly Before God

http://text.rcarabbis.org/?p=265&print=1

Bottom Line-there are sources both ways and those who try to reconcile and those who declare a major.  I'm struck by some of the rationalizations and wonder how many people who say it actually think the rationalization.
KVCT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.