[Avodah] RHS/Dairy

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 16 13:22:51 PDT 2009

On a related (but not the same) note:

We raised the question of how you know what set we're talking about the
rov of -- rov cows, rov dairy cows, rov cows on this farm, this kind of
farm, this country's farms...

It reminded me of the question of teisha chaniyos. Why do we go by rov
stores? Perhaps the treif store did a brisk business and outsold the
kosher sources? Why not count rov peices of meat?

R' Prof Moshe Koppel suggests in one of the issues of Higayon that the
relevent set is the set of kavu'os. The store is qavu'ah, and therefore
the magnitude, the amount of meat it sells, becomes irrelevent.

Micha Berger             I have great faith in optimism as a philosophy,
micha at aishdas.org        if only because it offers us the opportunity of
http://www.aishdas.org   self-fulfilling prophecy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Arthur C. Clarke