[Avodah] YT Sheini Vs. YT Rishon

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:02:30 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is an early source allowing for dancing on Simchas Torah - davka
> because it is ONLY YT Sheini [IIRC this is Rav Hai Gaon]

So is there any source allowing for dancing on ST in EY when it's YT Rishon,
and in many years including this year Shabbat to boot? I have never been a
big fan of the literally endless dancing that goes on in most batei
kenesset, and I would be overjoyed to find a solid halachic basis from which
to object rather than the "Bah, Humbug!" for which my only source is Even
Ha`Ezer Scrooge ;-)