[Avodah] YT Sheini Shell Golah and the Internet

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 10 14:43:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 03:21:04PM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: So what will we do when Pesach rotates out of the aviv?

See http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol03/v03n040.shtml#03 by R Saul
Stokar:
> As stated, it stems from a 6.5 minute inaccuracy of the length of the
> solar year used in calendrical calculations.

And he writes "2215 Pesach will begin on April 25th."

There are 27 days, or 38,800 minutes from April 25th to June 21st.
That is the slippage of 5,802 years AFTER 2215, and since we're talking
about averages, it's a rough estimate of being a problem in the 81st
cent CE. Although in 8107, which is the Shanah me'uberes 11867, and still
Pesach is still in late May, so my math may be off.

In any case, you're talking about something that won't happen until
humanity is more than twice as old as it is already. I'm unable to get
worried about it.

Micha Berger             A wise man is careful during the Purim banquet
micha at aishdas.org        about things most people don't watch even on
http://www.aishdas.org   Yom Kippur.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                       - Rav Yisrael Salanter