[Avodah] Rambam

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Aug 28 10:56:07 PDT 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 5:20pm EDT I wrote:
: RRW asked for where the Gra discusses the Rambam's methodology (and
: how he related to the Y-mi where the Bavli had sevara, not a quoted
: pesaq). It's at OC 335.
: It will be interesting to contrast with RRW's source, the Bach on
: the Rambam's attitude toward shaqla vetarya: EHE 6.

Another source:
Rambam, Issurei Bi'ah 15:2, and the Magid Mishnah sham
    MM: "Lo naniach gemara arukhah venifsoq halakhah mimasa umatan..."

(If you want to remember that mar'eh maqom to be able to find it for
Shabbos, I remembered it from my commute until now with the following
mnemonic:
    - "Tov me'od" in Bereishis refers to the yeitzer hara, and
    - Of all the yitzrei hara, it was the one on piryah verivyah that
      AKHG tried to eliminate but saw it would have destroyed the world.
    - So issurei bi'ah refers to that which HQBH called tov,
    - 16:2 is T"o:V)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             The waste of time is the most extravagant
micha at aishdas.org        of all expense.
http://www.aishdas.org                           -Theophrastus
Fax: (270) 514-1507