[Avodah] Classical Academia, Deconstruction, and Mesorah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 08:38:31 PDT 2009

Michael Makovi:
> If we discover Moshe Rabbenu's scroll, relying on
> it would be relying on humans, not on G-d. Lo ba-shamaim hi means only
> that we don't rely on supernatural revelation, etc., but unearthing
> new manuscripts is quite temporal and mundane!

My former LOR Rabbi Kanarfogel and I chatted on this

Any change must be halachic

----------------------

AIU him it would mean
"No manuscript triggers change"

OTOH if a Poseiq says an emendation is in order - he could definitely
say so based upon a new-found manuscript.

And a scientist could not make that same call halachically-speaking

I don't know about the reliability of this story but..
Finding The Chofetz Chaim's 3 oz. Becher AFAIK did not change shiurim
re: Revi'is

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile