[Avodah] Kohen gadol

Arie Folger arie.folger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:28:05 PDT 2009

R. Elazar M. Teitz wrote to me off list:
> Horayos 12b: v'chulan ein nohagin b'mashuach milchama, chutz meichamisha
> d'varim ha'amurim baparsha: lo poreia v'lo poreim *v'ein mi'tamei lik'rovim*
> umuzhar al hab'sula v'asur b'almana.
>
>      However, in the presence of an entire army, it's highly unlikely for
> him to be faced with a meis mitzva during a war.

Thank you. (boshti venikhlamti; I actually learned Horayot a number of
times, but obviously not well enough).

In war time, the number of dead can G"d forbid, be overwhelming, and
people may find themselves in small groups on the battlefield.
Especially during guerilla warfare.

--
Arie Folger,
Latest blog posts on http://ariefolger.wordpress.com/