[Avodah] תשובה: תשובה: aveilus of bein hamezarim on shabbos

Shlomo Pick picksh at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Jul 26 09:59:00 PDT 2009

Have no idea what rabbi walpoe wants except for 2 things.
1. not fully quoting me:
Here is the full quote:
>>eg. Chasam sofer, vol. I, no 158, it's clear that the minhag of changing
or not changing dress was a communal affair and clothing was not an
"individual based minhag". then again in frankfort and other place they
didn't come to shul on shabbos in shorts, baseball hats, red pants, white
blazers, sneakers, sandals without socks, and who knows what not.
2. he never looked up the chassam sofer which reports what minhag Frankfort
was on Shabbat chazon.
Re minhagei hagrah. Many of his changes in the tefilla were an attempt to go
back to the original minhag of lita as found in the official siddur of the 4
lands and were not original.
As far as communities today, I listed the dress customs above found in many
an orthodox congregation - if not shabbos at shacharis than by mincha, if
there is a minyan. Of course in boro park and Flatbush and deal there may
other customs of dress. Then again, some rabbis in these communities may be
getting different dress codes. (micha, or mr. editor, you can strike this
last paragraph - snip, snip)
shlomo