[Avodah] Brisk - Gerus

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Jul 23 06:03:19 PDT 2009

An interesting exchange on the "truth" of the Brisker Torah

http://www.hakirah.org/Vol%208%20Forum.pdf

===================================
I don't claim to be on the level of understanding this stuff, but I read this and come away with the impression of people with different axioms trying to convince each other of the correctness of their proofs?  Question: If we were to construct a method of gaining information about the past (e.g. superman flies far enough away from earth faster than the speed of light and is able to gather the light rays of earlier events) and found the Rambam articulating a different explanation than the one that Brisk articulated of how he understood an issue, would that have any halachic impact?

She-nir'eh et nehamat Yerushalayim u-binyanah bi-mherah ve-yamenu

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.