[Avodah] Tzeni'us and gender roles

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:02:07 PDT 2009

Micha
> I think you're conflating the real with the ideal....

I think I can support Micha's thesis with an admitedly oblique mashal..

Mashal Re: Tefillin
The ideal is to wear them all day

The reality (per AhS) is to wear them only for Q'ri'as Shema and Tefilllah.

Why? We lack goof naqi. Etc.

Q:  What about women taking on Tefillin?

A: (As per same AhS) since men should wear tefillin the absolute minimum,
so should women. And since women lack the Hiyyuv for QS and Amidah
therefore their minimum is zero.

Nimshal:
Now Plug in Men violating Tz'nius as little as possible (but not absolute
zero for practical reasons).

So since men should violate tz'nius only the absolute miunimim, therefore
the same holds for women.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile