[Avodah] Kana'ut

yirmeyahu at juno.com yirmeyahu at juno.com
Fri Jul 10 17:15:30 PDT 2009

"Beautiful thought from the Sanz-Klausenberger deleted. BTW, is that the same generation as the rebbe quoted in this signature? (No "coincidence"
of the randomizer, I manually selected it from my collection.)"

I thought you might like it. :) Yes, the quote is from Rabbi Yekusiel Yehudah Halberstam zt'l, the same as your quote. Incidentally I found another piece in the Shefa Chaim on parshas Pinchas which seemed to more directly address the issue of being on the right "level" for kana'us which explained that there are those who criticized Pinchas for acting when he wasn't on the right level to do so, and if I understand correctly Hashem's brachah was His haskama that Pinchas acted l'shem shamayim. Sorry I can't elaborate more but the language is a struggle for me.

Gut Shabbos
Yirmeyahu