[Avodah] Chuqqas - mixed messages

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:17:43 PDT 2009

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com wrote:
: It seems according to many that Moshe Rabbeinu erred by mei meriva in
: that he HIT the rock instead of speaking to it.

Micha:
> Is the problem the change, or the nature of this particular change?
> After all, MRAH was lauded for delaying matan Torah itself!

As we discussed offlist ein hachi nami!

I am seeking a "quality" to the deviations that HKBH would say "yeeshar
Kochecha"
Vs.
The deviations where HKBH would find them dissatisfactory..

It seems
re: the Mishkan and re: the Nechash Nechoshes that despite the dibbur,
MRAH and Betzalel) got the story right

Mishkan: built outside in but ordered inside out. Yet in pequdei all
went ka'asher tziva...

Nechash Neshoshes: Somehow this lashon nofeil al lashon was not a
negative deviation from "saraph" but and enhancment. (The precise "how"
escapes me)

Mei Meriva
Of course here the torah tells us that the deviation diminished a
"Qiddush Hashem" So there the deed shortchanged the tzivvuy instead of
enhancing it.

Botom line Mussar Heskel:

Perhaps there are Two kinds of deviations:

Those that fail to meet the required intention of the tzivvuy

And
Those that EXCEED the minimum, enhance the tzivvuy, w/o any bal
tosif... And perhaps one needs Nevuah or Ruach Haqodesh or perhaps be
an egoless Anav as was MRAH... ?

Do any meforshim pick up on this idea?

KT
RRW