[Avodah] Wanted Sources on Critical thinking in English

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 20:20:32 PDT 2009

My daughter is writing a paper on "critical thinking in religion"
She wants only "frum" sources - preferably with English
She is looking to quote
    Mishna
    Gmara
    Rambam
    RYD Soloeveichik

For mishna she is looking at Avos 5 - the 2 mishnayos on arba middos
betalmidim and yoshvim lifnei chachamim...

We need suggestions for the other sources.

I also considered some of the analysis in Chovos Halevavos as being
examplary of critical thinking - especially hakdamah and Shaar haYichud.

Any help with sources is most appreciated

GCT
RRW

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile