[Avodah] List of Basic Haskofo Seforim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 23 09:58:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 07:39:52PM +0300, Akiva Blum wrote:
: I'm looking for a list of source seforim that are the basis for
: normative jewish thought.

Were you perhaps thinking of the list that became RRW's blog post
at
<http://nishmablog.blogspot.com/2009/07/8-semester-course-on-machsheves-yisrael.html>?
The first six semesters qualidy, although I think there is too much
Rambam for your goal of "more or less we all agree on"/ Kuzari Yes, but
Or Hashem (which isn't on the list) is also very close to the currently
more popular streams of belief. And if you just need to include the
Rambam because how else can you claim to cover the subject, you need
some R' Saadia Gaon's Emunos veDei'os too.

Last, semester 8 (ie RRW's "acharonim semester 2") is particular to his
talmidim's population:
    19 Letters, Dayan Grunfelds intro to and selections from Horeb
    MmE
    RAYK and
    AL haTeshuvah

GCT!

Micha Berger                 Time flies...
micha at aishdas.org                    ... but you're the pilot.
http://www.aishdas.org                       - R' Zelig Pliskin
Fax: (270) 514-1507