[Avodah] Re RHS and dairy

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Tue Sep 15 03:31:36 PDT 2009

from what I understand, and I might be wrong, there is not much cross-over,
and this is unlikely to be an issue. Some cows are raised for slaughter.
Some cows are raised for milking. The different types are fed different
foods and vitaminds and hormones. A farmer will not likely let his dairy
cows be used a sampler for shechita. Also, a cow that was raised for milk
might not be a good and accurate indicator of a rov of cows that are raised
for meat.

Kol tuv
Rafi