[Avodah] ger toshav/azarah; b'ey; bizman hamashiach???

Harvey Benton harveybenton at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 14:39:57 PDT 2009

1. From my learning of hilchos yaayin nesach/yayin stam etc, it seems that some poskim hold that for xians to believe in a trinity is not azara, but for us to believe in a trinity of sorts, is avodah zara.
2. The torah paints a grim picture of what would happen if we would allow avodahzarahnickers to reside in our land....namely, they would be thorns in our sides.
3. What would the halacha be for non-Jews to reside in EYisrael once the Moshiach Came?
4. At the minimum I believe, they would have to accept the Sheva Mitzvos Bne'i Noah. One of those 7 is to not believe in (or practice?) idolatry. Does that mean that all churches would have to be closed down and all xians expelled from EY? unless they abandoned their azara/trinity beliefs? Or, could they claim, that their halachos of 7MBN in regards to
 this issue differ than ours, and that therefore they should be allowed to stay???
HB
p.s. The machloket was between the mechaber (R.Yosef Kaaro) v. the Rama, as to how we hold their A Zara to be; each posek (i believe) relying on the jewish environs from where they paskened from to determine his psak.hb