[Avodah] Laughing at someone doing a mitzva

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Wed Sep 2 07:00:19 PDT 2009

In a recent issue of Mishpacha which had articles dealing with the Satmar Rebbe,  the author wrote that the Rebbe insisted on wearing his khassidishe garb on the street in America, even though the non-Jews (and probably some Jews) would laugh at him.

I would argue that when the Rebbe was fighting a tooth and nail battle to establish khasidut in America, different rules applied.

Ben