[Avodah] lo plog

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:23:22 PDT 2009

Why does "lo p'log [plug?] hhachamim" not apply in this case?

Since it is brought I have asked people for years for any rules when
lo plog applies.

It is obviously a machloket one famous candles is lighting candles for
yom tov. The wife of the perisha says to first make the beracha and
then light since it is YomTov.
Magen Avraham yells at her and claims lo plog.

Similar ideas appear with some applications of modern lights on
shabbat and if we apply lo plog

More generally in some cases we say X is different than Y and so the
prohibition of Y does not apply and in other cases we say lo plog

--
Eli Turkel