[Avodah] Not livid with anger

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:09:43 PDT 2009

It seems that Qoheles, Rambam, OTz are all advocating either a "Golden
Mean" or a recipe of spices in an ideal balance - with some noted
exceptions (Ka'as, shesiqa, and Anava)

When I have advocated against too much Humra in Halachah, it is predicated
upon the same machshava. IOW an out-of-balance condition caused by
"extremism" can knock out the equilibrium of the system.

Excessive Humros can trigger qulos, and vice versa. Thus the halachic
ideal is not maximallistic but centristic again with exceptions

The AhS seems to support my intuited notion that with Hametz on Pesah
and Bassar BeHalav, extra Humros are "normal"
The psychology is plain. Hametz is Muttar all year long. Meat and
dairy are muttar when isolated from each other. Thus added precautions
are not extreme in these cases, rather they are desirable.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile