[Avodah] Fw: zivchei & olah; bideved or lichatchila; re: yhirmiyahu hanavi.....

Harvey Benton harveybenton at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 00:48:52 PDT 2009

--i was taught in cheder that 2 things that are in the torah (besides the episode of the meraglim) are actually bidieved in Hashem's eyes....
1. having a melech over yisrael (like the goyim do)...since in reality, hashem is the only king we have..
2. (see reference below from yhirmiyahu) regarding the avodah of the korbanos....rambam says one thing (iirc, that it was a concession to the yidden, in their desire to copy the ways of the goyim), and the ramban, who says that no, there are some spiritual benefits to having the korbanos.....
the episode of r. yehudah hanasi speaking harshly to the goat? saying "this [being a korban] is what you were created for" would seem to shtim with the shita of the ramban' or not necessarily so?????......any thoughts???
from
 machon-mamre....yirmiyahu hanavi: 7:22-23.....

22 For I spoke not unto your
 fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt-offerings or sacrifices;כג  כִּי
 אִם-אֶת-הַדָּבָר הַזֶּה צִוִּיתִי אוֹתָם לֵאמֹר, שִׁמְעוּ בְקוֹלִי--וְהָיִיתִי לָכֶם לֵאלֹהִים, וְאַתֶּם תִּהְיוּ-לִי לְעָם; וַהֲלַכְתֶּם, בְּכָל-הַדֶּרֶךְ אֲשֶׁר אֲצַוֶּה אֶתְכֶם, לְמַעַן, יִיטַב לָכֶם.23 but this thing I commanded them, saying: 'Hearken unto My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people; and walk ye in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.'