[Avodah] Tosfot (not)

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Jul 6 15:37:30 PDT 2009

> period, and differ in style from those to other treatises.

That implies that there was no coordinated program to produce a complete set.

There are a lot more Tosafos than were organized and redacted. I seem to recall from my yeshiva days a few cases where the Mordechai quotes Tosafos we don't have.

Yes, I understand that, but I also wondered why when the standard vilna shas was put together they didn't pick some for those stretches.
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.