[Avodah] Akeidah vs. Chet Eigel

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:43:58 PST 2009

Plz post

Micha:

"Are you saying that the usual case of "ve'al ribei'im" totally innocent
people are punished until the 4th generation, just because of their
yichus?"

No I am saying the drasha of the ratio of 4:2000 applies to vanilla avonnos.  Iow simple avonnos vs. Simple chessed is 1:500

Otoh the major case squad of adam/eigel/meraglim are not standard issue aveiros and therefore you cannot ask a kasha ob them because they are different in nature than a simple avon.

I would not read into this colossal extrapolations.

Some rules have exceptions

Kt
Rrw
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile