[Avodah] Strange Story

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 18 13:29:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:46:36AM +1000, SBA wrote:
: So is the wife a gerusha/a penuyeh or what?

I would think that WRT a kohein, she would be an almanah. That's the
other situation where qiddushin autometically ends due to a lack of man
for it to be chal upon. Not that I think it would apply WRT yerushah;
I picture the woman retains the assets of her former self. The TE's
argument was about qiddushin disolving, not that it was ke'ein misah.

: And what about the children? Yaamod Reb Ploni ben ????
: And what if he/she/it is a Cohen?  What are the children?

Since the past doesn't change, why would the yichus of any children born
of the marriage be in question?

Micha Berger             Rescue me from the desire to win every
micha at aishdas.org        argument and to always be right.
http://www.aishdas.org              - Rav Nassan of Breslav
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   Likutei Tefilos 94:964