[Avodah] l'Dovid Hashem Ori

Ilana Sober Elzufon ilanasober at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:59:50 PDT 2008

RAR: Does anyone feel as I do, that the feelings expressed in Mizmor shir
chanukas babayis are a bit too strong for daily recitation? The
sentiment of reliance on Hashem are all very well but how many
mornings does one really feel that one has been lifted from the depths
of Sheol?

Well, if you have EVER come face to face with despair, or felt that you were
lifted from the depths of Sheol, the perek serves to recall those feelings
and the faith and reliance they inspired. Hashem Elokai - L'OLAM odeka. You
will not be silent after such a yeshua - you will continue to praise G-d not
only that morning or the next, but l'olam, for the rest of your life.

Personally, I have found this perek - on a daily basis - to be one of the
most strengthening and inspiring parts of tefillah for several years now.

- Ilana